Thursday 16 July 2015

The National Portrait Gallery | Audrey Hepburn

Oh so ironic that another blogger loves Audrey, so you may think..but never the less I have loved Audrey and been obsessed with her style for nearly 9 years now. Ever since I first watched Breakfast at Tiffany's with my mum eating cheesy wotsits on the sofa when I was around 11 years old. At the time I didn't quite understand the film, but I loved Audrey, her role, her make up, hair, eyes, the cat with no name and her attitude towards life in the film. Still today I try and perfect her make up look, as it is flawless. Since watching Breakfast at Tiffany's I would then go onto the internet and scroll through sites to find her pictures and try to re-create her look. She was I would say my icon back then and still is a huge role model to me now. As I grew up I watched her movies over and over and as I did grow up I started to understood the films...do you really think an 11 year old knew what a 'powder room' was??? I often still search Audrey Hepburn on Esty and Ebay to see if they have any cool memorabilia to collect. Over the years I have had pencil cases, mugs, tops, wall art and prints. So when I was watching Great Morning Britain a few years ago I turned it on to see one of the Spice Girls in a Hepburn Gallery, finding out they had an exclusive expedition open in London until October I knew I had to go, so I quickly researched it and booked tickets for my birthday (as I was going London anyway on the 12th) ...................

I tried to take some sneaky pictures but it was strictly not allowed and I got told off by two old biddies *eye roll* So I tried to get a few but there not the bestest!!! I really liked the gallery it was small but had all the main features of her career and life. I even found out some information I didn't know like how she died and learn't about the amazing work she did for UNICEF charity before she died. They also had her ballet shoes she wore when she was a child (her feet were huge!!) 

I did cave when it came to the shop, it was full of her movies, books, wall art, postcards, toy cat and books... All sort of cool Hepburn memorabilia! I picked up a cool print to frame and a cute tote bag!

Are you a fan of Audrey Hepburn? I would definitely recommend going to see it if you are around the area and have an hour spare. Tickets are £10 each which is pretty reasonable and you can also sneak around the rest of the gallery! I 







No comments:

Post a Comment