Saturday 22 August 2015

Jo Malone | Blackberry & Bay




Jo Malone describes Blackberry & Bay as "Childhood memories of blackberry picking...A burst of deep, tart blackberry juice, blending with the freshness of just-gathered bay and brambly woods. Vibrant and verdant."  Including notes of grapefruit, grapefruit blossom, bay leaves, blackberries, jasmine, lily of the valley, cedarwood, sandalwood, vetiver, and musk. 

Perfume is a very personal thing and it smells differently on every person. I feel as for me it is a very 'grown up scent'. Its light and fruity, far from sickly sweet or too over-powering. I have been loving the dark fruit scents for the summer time. As well the packaging..simple, modern and makes it look very luxe. This is my very first Jo Malone fragrance and I never paid much attention to her line before I started blogging. But whenever I am in a department store I will always spend a while picking out ones I like the best. I did get this gifted to me as a present so I am unsure of the price but I know this was not cheap. I believe they begin at around £40, which for a perfume, okay. But when you look at Jo Malone's candle range you sort of question yourself whether over £40 is acceptable for a candle... However I really love this scent and I do save this for very special days or occasions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment