Friday 13 November 2015

My 2nd Trimester Essentials


So I'm a tad late with this whole pregnancy thing! As some of you may know, I found out about my pregnancy when I was 9 weeks gone, so missed a big chunk of my 1st trimester! So I have a lot of catching up to do! I am absolutely loving being pregnant and I'm currently 16 weeks + 5 days, and time is flying and I have popped like a balloon! So here's what's been getting me through the past few weeks! 

1. Pregnancy pillow: Now I know most mums-to-be don't invest until they are 20+ weeks but I have been in agony with my back and trying to get comfortable and sleep! I purchased mine from Ikea for £7 as I just could not justify buying a branded prego pillow which is exactly the same size/shape as cheaper alternatives. It's been the perfect comfort and does the job!


2. ASOS Maternity: I have been loving trawling through the website- and they have so many nice clothes and you wouldn't even know they were maternity, there comfortable and on-trend. I have picked up the jeans in the above picture (of course maternity with the stretchy waist but you wouldn't know would you?) 


3. Radox Muscle Soak: I've been loving having a relaxing bath, and some quality me time in an evening, I love to pour this muscle soak in and chill, it soothes my muscle and the smell makes me so sleepy so I can have a good night sleep!


4. BabyCenter Pregnancy App is brilliant for: A daily guide to your body and your baby-on-the-way. Learn how your body is changing and how to cope. Get expert advice and top tips for a healthy pregnancy. Turn weekly "Bumpie" pics of your growing belly into a time-lapse video keepsake! 


5. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stretch Cream: I have been trying lots of different creams and oils but this one is my favourite by far! It smells amazing, quickly absorbs into your skin and is super moisturising, I cannot comment on reducing stretch marks as I don't have any as of yet! But it seems to be doing the trick. The only thing I dislike is the applicator, Its hard to dispense due to the cream being so thick it doesn't seem to pump, so I would advise investing in the tub version as its easy to de-cant! 


6. Pregnacare Vitamins: I love these as they have all the vitamins you need throughout pregnancy all in one! They always do offers in boots 3 for 2 so you can end up saving some pennies too! 


So these have what have been my go-to items over the last few weeks, I'm sure i'll be doing another when I reach later stages in pregnancy! If you have any other products or anything at all to recommend leave in the comments below!



Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment