Tuesday 3 November 2015

SURPRISE !


If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you will already know the news! Me and Kurt are expecting a baby! It feels so surreal to be writing this post and I still am in complete shock with the whole idea, but we are ever so happy. I seemed to of disappeared from the blogging community for quite a few weeks, but life certainly has changed. We both found out on holiday and when we got back I was already 9 weeks! I feel like I have basically missed the whole of the 1st trimester but boy am I feeling it now I'm 15 weeks! I don't want to turn this blog into just a solely pregnancy/mummy zone but expect the odd update and haul posts here and there, but don't worry I will still be blogging about beauty, fashion and lifestyle....

I had my first scan on the 21st October 2015. It was such a surreal moment, I was in complete ore and shock, there is nothing to describe the joy felt seeing that screen and the baby moving around inside of you. It was a really emotional moment and one I will cherish forever.

I've been reading lots of pregnancy blog posts so stole these update questions from there but its a good way to keep track and for me to look back on my pregnancy, and for any of expecting mums out there for a little nosey!

How far gone: 15 weeks and 2 days.

Days until due: 174 days to go

Baby Progress: I have the 'BabyCenter My Pregnancy' App which I highly recommend as you can keep up to date with your babies progress, it gives you tips and hints and reminders and cool ideas e.g. Take a 'Bumpie'. So at 15 weeks it says 'Your baby is the size of an Apple- although your baby's eyelids are fused shut he can sense light, if you were to shine a flash light at your tummy he/she would move away'

Weight changes: I never paid much attention to my weight last time I checked (before knowing my pregnancy) I was around 8st. At my last midwife appointment I was 8st 12lbs.... definitely not eating for two..

Stretch marks?: none as of yet, I use bio oil x2 a week and purchased some coco butter lotion for stretch marks to use in-between (I may review these at a later date)

Cravings: I don't believe I'm even at the stage of pregnancy to have cravings but I have been obsessed with Branston Pickle Mini Chedder crisps!

Symptoms: So sleepy, back aches and headaches- the normal in pregnancy.

Sleep: It takes me about an hour to drop off completely, we have a big double bed but I still feel I have enough room with Kurt and our puppy Kobe on my feet, both snoring their heads off. I’m thinking about investing in a pregnancy pillow.

Best moment this week: Last week we told everybody and that was such a relief and so nice to finally be able to speak about it- it was so lovely to see people so happy for us.

Worst moment this week: 3 days off work, had the worst symptoms- I was bed bound!

Gender: We are hoping to find out at our 20 week scan on the 10th of December!

Miss anything? Jeans, and being a size 8! I have been quite emotional about the weight gain, but I know it will all be worth it when the little bean is here.

Maternity clothes: The only maternity clothes I have brought is Jeans, my Topshop Joni size 8 jeans weren't cutting it anymore, so I have brought some from ASOS, super skinny, ripped knees, a little bit more fashionable and up my street! I have also been Primark and brought baggy tops an jumpers in a size up!

Movement: Nothing as of yet

Mood: Hormones are everywhere at the minute. I am mostly happy and bubbly but I do have the odd moment everyday of feeling crappy.

Looking forward too: The cot is arriving in 2 weeks, and we are sorting our house out over the next couple weeks making it more child friendly!

So there's a little update and insight to what is happening! I hope you enjoyed this post and I hope to post some more pregnancy related things if you're interested. If there are any other expectant parents out there, please get in touch I'd love to chat!
Ellie x


No comments:

Post a Comment