Thursday 18 February 2016

GENDER REVEAL

  • Pregnancy Announcement here
  • My 20 week Bump update here
  • 2nd Trimester Essentials here
  • 3rd Trimester Essentials here

Hi everyone - I'm back with another pregnancy update for you all. I'm now 30 weeks, with only around 10 weeks left until my due date (April 25th 2016) It is going so so fast! I'm now on Maternity leave, so I have a nice few weeks to get everything all sorted.....



How far gone: 30 weeks +4 days

Days until due: 67 days to go (finally double digits yay!)

Baby Progress: at 30 weeks your baby has reached about 40cm long, weighs about 1.3kg roughly the same as a large green cabbage, Your baby's eyesight continues to develop, though its not very sharp. even after birth you baby will keep her eyes closed for the majority of the day. 

Weight changes: I have not paid attention to the scales throughout my pregnancy as I find it slightly depressing - but I definitely have got bigger on my thighs and around my face, boobs have also gotten bigger which is weighing me down- I always wanted bigger boobs but definitely regretting saying that - my poor back LOL! 

Stretch marks?: yes, surprisingly none on my stomach but they are around my hips going down my thighs. I did so well getting to 30 weeks, but I have suddenly 'popped' so not surprised. I apply bio oil daily & coco butter x3 times a week to try and prevent them from getting worse and keeping them at bay. 

Cravings: Salty, sour & spicy foods! chips with lots of salt & vinegar, sour sweets, fizzy drinks - everything bad for you of course! They say that's a sign of dehydration so I'm trying to drink more to stop the salty cravings! 

Symptoms: I have been suffering a lot throughout this pregnancy. especially towards the end of the 2nd trimester going into the 3rd. I had a viral infection for about 4 weeks that I just could not shake off, I've been finding it hard to stay asleep, waking up multiple times in the night not being about to get comfortable - and then being sick quite a few times aswell. I also feel like I have had Braxton Hicks a fair few times in the past 2 weeks too - not nice! 

Sleep: As I said, I can get to sleep no problem, but I do find myself waking up multiple times in the night uncomfortable and wide awake :( 

Best moment this week: Starting Maternity leave! I decided to take it at 30 weeks, as physically & mentally I'm not well & not having the best pregnancy so decided to start early and properly rest & take my time with getting things done. 

Worst moment this week:  nothing so far - fingers crossed! 

Gender: GIRL! when we went for my 20 week scan - she confirmed there was definitely no male parts growing - we haven't had a scan since so i really hope nothing has suddenly 'spouted' as we have brought so much pink stuff I cant return hehe :) 

Miss anything? Being able to sit up and be quick with movements, and I miss wearing jeans still!

Maternity clothes: Leggings! I have only just invested around Xmas time and I don't know why I didn't sooner - they are so comfy!!! I live in them everyday. 

Movement: Yes I started to feel her around 26 weeks properly and she defiantly have a little pattern - very late at night and then often throughout the afternoon! It is so so magical I will miss it so much, but on the other hand my belly feels very tight and stretched so can't wait to have her out! 

Mood: 7/10 I am uncomfortable a lot which makes me restless, so not always 100% but overall OK. I have up/down days, it also depends a lot on my diet. I always am in a better mood if I have eaten well that day. 

Looking forward too: We are moving in a few weeks, so I'm excited to decorate the girls room. We are going away this weekend for a last little break as a two - a 'baby moon' they call it! Going to Bournemouth to the seaside which will be lovely to spend a weekend together as a couple, have some fresh air, nice walks & yummy food, spend some quality time without no interruptions by phones or xbox games! 




 

Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment